- Click Reports, Demographic and Statistical Reports, Comparisons and Summaries.
- On the General tab, select a query to use for the report.
- To report on two periods, select Comparison for the Report Type. To report on up to five periods, select Summary.
- On the Fields tab, highlight Field.
- In the Field to Use, select the field by which you want to summarize. For example, if you want to know how much money you raised by profession, select Profession as the field (located under the Constituent Information category). This summarizes how much was given by each profession during both date ranges.
Note: Depending on the field selected, you may also choose to use selected values of the defined field. For example, you can limit the Profession field to the values of Accounting, Banking, and Computers.
- Highlight Column and select the information to view. The defaults are Number of donors, Total given, and Average given per donor. Also included is an additional field to customize with items such as Number of gifts, Percent of participation, Percent of gifts, etc. or you may customize all four fields.
- On the Filters tab, determine the funds, appeals, constituent codes, and campaigns to include on the report.
- On the Gift Types tab, select the gift types to use for each period.
Note: You may specify different gift types for each period, but to ensure consistency in the report results, we recommend using the same gift types for both periods.
- On the Report Periods tab, enter the start and end dates for each date range.
Note: You may also enter two headings to appear above each of the date ranges on the reports. For example, to note the first date range is for gifts given in fiscal year 2001 to the Annual Campaign, enter Fiscal Year 2001 as Heading 1 and Annual Campaign as Heading 2.
- On the Format tab, highlight Detail and mark the Include Variance checkbox to show the variance on the report
Note: If Summary is selected, the variance will not print on the report.
- Add other parameters if needed.
Note: The Comparisons and Summaries report shows summary information. To see detailed giving for each constituent for two periods, run the Comparative Report instead. It is found under Analytical Reports.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.