- Transaction dates and Post dates for transactions aren't the same in Student Billing.
Example: you have a transaction with a post date of 1/1/2016 and a transaction date of 2/1/2016. If you run your reports through 1/1/2016, that transaction would be included on the GL Report because that report only looks at post date, but it would not be included in the Aging report because the transaction date falls outside of the date range.
- If you have unpaid advance deposits, they will show as a charge balance in Student Billing but will not affect General Ledger until a payment has been applied. To see if you have any unfunded advance deposits, run an Advance Deposit report and select only to show unfunded advance deposits.
- If you use multiple AR accounts for Student Billing, transactions may be posted to incorrect AR accounts.
- If you use multiple AR accounts for Student Billing and you have unapplied payments, these payments may be reflected to the Unapplied Payments Account and not to the AR account. Review How to print an Unapplied Payment report to find these transactions.
- In Reports, Analysis Reports, select a new Aged Accounts Receivable report
- On the General tab set up the following:
- In the Calculate aging as of field, select a date of Today, or a specific date
- Set both the Transaction date and Post date fields to Specific range. Leave the start dates for the Transaction and Post dates blank and make the end dates the same value as your Calculate aging as of date.
- Leave the Due date at Include all dates
- Mark the checkbox to reduce balances by unapplied payments/credits and leave all other checkboxes unmarked
- On Filters tab, in the Post Statuses filter, select only Posted and Do Not Post
- In Reports, Account Reports, select a new General Ledger report
- On the General tab, set Include account activity as of this date to specific range. Ensure the end date equals the Aging date that you set up in your Aged Accounts Receivables Report (beginning date can be the first date of the same month - all we care about here is the ending balance)
- On the Filters tab, set the following filters:
- Accounts: select your Student Billing AR account
- Not Yet Posted Transactions: None
- Posted Transactions: All (you may choose "Student Billing" here if you don't have manual entries in GL to reflect entries made in Student Billing)
For more information on the Aged Accounts Receivable Report, see How does an Aged Accounts Receivable report work?