In order to properly setup the Social Media sign on Blackbaud NetCommunity, you will need to follow these steps:
1. Access the Social Media tab in Administration => Sites & Settings
2. Enter a sub-domain that suites your organization into the domain field (example: mysiteID.rpxnow.com) rpxnow.com is a free domain that JanRain has provided.
3, Enter the email address you would like to associate this domain with.
4. Click Save. This process will check to see if the sub-domain is available in JanRain. If the sub-domain is available, the process will complete and you will receive an automated email from JanRain with instructions on how to configure your Social Sign On integration.
For more information on this topic, please see page 40 or our BBNC Administration Guide
Beyond the free application that Blackbaud NetCommunity creates, some additional configuration may be required for certain providers via JanRain. Please review JanRain support documentation on how to configure additional providers such as Facebook.
Note: We provide links to third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites, and we cannot assist with implementing resolutions from these websites.
Important information when configuring the widget in JanRain
- As of late JanRain is taking a long time to update any changes made to the widget. After clicking Save and Publish, If you go back into the widget settings in JanRain, it may revert back to the previous setting. If this happens after you make a change, you may need to wait up to 24 hours for the changes to take effect. This is a JanRain issue and cannot be addressed by Blackbaud Support.
- The Widget Layout Type should be set to “embedded” NOT "modal". The “modal” setting is a lightbox/pop-up which does not seem to be compatible with NetCommunity.