- When copying categories/assignments from a different academic year or a different marking column, assignments will not be linked.
- If copying categories/assignments within the same academic year and marking column, you will be able to choose whether or not these assignments will be linked rather than having them linked automatically.
- When adding an assignment to two or more classes using the Add linked assignment option from Edit assignments or the Add assignment dialog in a gradebook, these assignments will be linked by default and you will see an icon that clearly indicates which fields will be linked among those assignments.
In versions 7.83 through 7.85, teachers have the option to use Shared Assignments. Assignments will be shared if:
- They are copied from one marking column to another within a class
- They are copied from one class to another in the same academic year
- They are copied from a previous year
- They are added using the Add shared assignment option from Edit assignments or from the gradebook
- Maximum points
- Document (if available)
Deleting a shared assignment from one class allows you to delete that assignment from the classes it is shared with. When deleting a shared assignment, you will receive a prompt that says "This assignment [name] is used in other classes. Do you want to delete the assignment from those classes as well?" Please consider the following before selecting the option to delete this assignment from all classes it is shared with:
- If grades have been entered for that assignment in another class, those grades will be deleted along with the assignment
- If you copied these assignments from a previous year, it will delete that assignment from the previous year as well
If you do not want assignments to be shared, then assignments should be created manually for each class rather than copying from another class or using the Add shared assignment option. If changes need to be made for an assignment that is already shared, follow these steps:
- Select Edit Assignments from the Gradebook menu
- Highlight the assignment row you wish to edit
- Click Delete
- You will get a prompt saying "This assignment 'name' is used in other classes. Do you want to delete the assignment from those classes as well?"
- Select 'NO'
- This will delete this one assignment from this class. You can then re-enter the assignment with the appropriate changes