- Exit ResearchPoint.
- Open the browser and go to Tools > Internet Options.
- Open the Advanced Tab.
- Scroll to the last section, Security.
- Find the following options:
- Do not save encrypted pages to disk should be unmarked
- Enable Native XMLHTTP Support should be marked
- If the proper selections are already made, click each box twice to mark and unmark the appropriate checkboxes.
- Click Apply.
- Launch ResearchPoint again and run the affected task.
Download and install Fiddler - a tool used to trace HTTPS errors.
Note: We provide links to third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites, and we cannot assist with implementing resolutions from these websites.
Once this is installed, please follow these steps to run the trace:
- Launch Fiddler and go to Tools > Fiddler options.
- There is an HTTPS tab where the "decrypt HTTPS" box needs to be checked.
- You’ll be prompted to download a certificate- accept these options.
- Make sure you Start the trace and launch ResearchPoint.
- Navigate around ResearchPoint as normal, trying to trigger the error. If no errors appear, then the installation of the certificate resolved the issue for you. If the error pops up again, save the log file that Fiddler created and contact support. Contact Support and reference this article.