To charge the participants for the correct amount, first, we must run the autocharge query. This will provide us with a list of participants that the user can select from, to autocharge.
How to run the autocharge query:
- Navigate to Communities > Special Events > Friends Asking Friends > Kintera Thon.
- Hover over thon name and select Bookkeeping.
- Click Batch Auto - Charge Tool.
- Click New.
- Select the registration types to be queried on.
- Select any additional criteria you wish to include in the query (ex. pending matching gifts, pending donations and outstanding recurring gifts).
- Click Run Query.
Note: These are the participants that have outstanding balances with their fundraising goals. The amount owed to the organization, is located in the autocharge column.
Now, we need to select and charge the correct participants.
How to run the autocharge tool:
- Select the individuals to be charged by checking the box beside their name (you may also select all individuals by clicking the Check/Clear All button).
- Click Enable Autocharge.
- Click OK when prompted " Are you sure you want to add the selected record(s) to the autocharge process?"
Note: Autocharge is now enabled for those records and can be seen as YES under Autocharge Enabled? All records that have a YES will be processed with step 4. All records that still have NO under Autocharge Enabled? will not be processed.
- Click Process Autocharge.
- Click OK.