How to use the AddressFinder service with The Raiser's Edge UK version
The following instructions apply to clients who use The Raiser's Edge UK version. If you use another version or third-party software, refer to the appropriate solution:
- The Raiser's Edge US version (BB65882)
- The Raiser's Edge Canadian version (BB75449)
- Third-party software (BB257589)
For information on what the AddressFinder service does, refer to "What is AddressFinder? (BB260948)"
Here are the steps for using the AddressFinder UK service:
1. Creating and Submitting your file:
a. Create a query (BB19082) of constituent records with US Addresses to include in the screening. Ensure all records you submit to Blackbaud have a name and at least one address line.
Note: AddressFinder for UK Addresses screen US Addresses Only. Do not include any other address types in this data file. Also, address lines 3, 4, and 5 are not considered for this screening.
b. Using the query you created in step one, create a constituent export (BB83120) in CSV (comma separated values) format that includes the following fields:
Biographical, First Name
Biographical, Middle Name
Biographical, Last Name
Biographical, Organization Name
Biographical, Import ID
Biographical, Constituent ID
Biographical, Key Indicator
Address, Preferred Address, Line 1
Address, Preferred Address, Line 2
Address, Preferred Address, City
Address, Preferred Address, State
Address, Preferred Address, Zip
Address, Preferred Address, Import ID
2. Retrieve your updated data file
a. When you receive an email notification that your updated data file is ready, retrieve the file from the FTP server (BB45967)
b. Copy the file onto your desktop or another location of your choice. This file contains an import file, AddressFinder.txt. Unzip (BB546) it to the location of your choice and use the import file to update your constituents in Step 4.
3. Create an address attribute (BB515) named AddressFinder. The data type (BB133432) should be Table. The Table Name should be Address Info Source.
Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
4. Import the updated data file
a. Go to the Administration section and select the Import option
b. Under the Constituent section, select Constituent and click the New button
c. On the General tab, select the following:
• What do you want to do?: Update existing records
• Options: Create new table entries
• Import file: Click the ellipses (...) to browse to the location of the file, AddressFinder.txt, unzipped in Step 2B
• How do you want the system to identify existing constituents?: Import ID
• What is the Format of the import file?: Delimited - Characters separate the fields
d. Leave the File Layout tab set to the defaulted selections
e. On the Fields tab, ensure all fields are mapped
f. On the Summary tab, select:
• Create exception file of records not updated/imported: Name the file C:\Exceptions.txt.
• Create control report: Preview
g. Click the Update Now button to import the new addresses
For instructions on using the US version of AddressFinder, refer to What is AddressFinder and how to use it (US version only)? (BB65882).