- Open Notepad, place the cursor into Notepad, and swipe a card again
- If the information successfully populates and starts with %B, proceed to step 2
- If nothing populates, proceed to step 3
- If you are on the Daily Sales page, press the "Credit" button first, and then attempt to swipe the card again
- Verify the card reader is securely plugged into the workstation.
- Some anti-virus software such as web root or malwarebytes have been known to cause these issues with credit cards in Altru. Try turning off the anti key-logger associated with your anti virus software. Then try to process your credit card and see if the error messages stop. Note: For steps on disabling the anti key-logger, please reach out directly to your IT Department or Antivirus Vendor. Since this is a third party software, it is beyond Blackbaud's scope of support.
- Reach out to the manufacturer for the credit card swipe for support, and verify that the hardware has been installed and configured properly
- If the card reader has been installed and configured properly, ensure that the workstation does not have a virus or malware as this can cause a credit card swipe to malfunction.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.