- Select Edit seating charts from the Attendance menu on the navigation bar.
- Select the appropriate class and term.
- Add students to the seating chart using one of the following methods:
- Drag and drop: Click on a student in the Students without seats list and drag them to the appropriate seat. You can also drag and drop any student who has already been placed in a seat.
- Hover over an open seat and click on the Add student link to select a student.
- The seating chart grid is 10x10 which gives you the flexibility to create various seating arrangements such as circles or random seating placement. Empty seats cannot be removed and will appear as empty cells when printing seating charts.
- If you drag a student from the Students without seats list to a seat where another student has already been placed, the student who was there originally will return to the Students without seats list. You can swap seats by dragging one student to another student's seat.
- Seating charts save automatically, so there is no Save button on this page.
To take attendance using a seating chart:
- Select Enter attendance using seating charts from the Attendance menu on the navigation bar.
- Select the appropriate class, term and attendance date from the drop down menus.
- To mark a student absent, click the Present button to toggle through the absence codes.
- To indicate attendance has been taken, click Yes in the Taken? field.
Note: When using the seating chart to record attendance, attendance is saved automatically. There is no Save button.