I. Create and submit a data file to Blackbaud containing the records to be screened:
1. a. Create a query (BB19082) of the constituents to include in the screening
Note: All records need to have a name and at least one address line. We recommend running an AddressFinder screening (BB65882) prior to this service so that all addresses are current and in a standardized format.
b. Using the selected records from your query, export the following fields (BB83120) in CSV (comma-separated values) format:
· First name
· Middle Name
· Last name
· Zip Code
· Email Address (1 per record)
· Constituent Import ID
· Address Import ID
2. Transfer the file to our FTP site (BB45967)
3. Email email@example.com when the file has been successfully transferred
Note: Allow up to 10 business days for processing.
4. Retrieve the file:
b. Save the file onto a workstation where The Raiser's Edge is installed. This file contains an import file (SocialInfluencer.zip)
c. Unzip (BB546) the files to a location on your workstation
5. Create Constituent Attributes (BB515) with the following descriptions and data types
Note: When prompted for a Table Name, you can scroll to the bottom of the drop-down menu and select [Add New Table].
Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database (BB52243). If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
|Social Influence Segment||Table|
II. Import the updated information:
1. Click Administration > Import
2. Under Constituent, select Constituent and click New
3. On the General tab, select:
i. What do you want to do?: Update existing records
ii. Options: Validate Data Only, Create new table entries
iii. What file do you wish to import: Browse to and select the TXT file downloaded in step one
iv. How do you want the system to identify existing constituents?: Use the Import ID
v. What is the format of this import file?: Delimited
4. Leave the File Layout tab set to the defaults
5. On the Fields tab, ensure all fields and extensions are mapped correctly
Note: It is important to ensure the extensions for the attribute fields are mapped correctly. If they are not, exceptions will occur when importing the data file.
6. On the Summary tab, select:
i. Create exception file of records not updated/imported: Name the file C:\Exceptions.txt
ii. Create control report: Preview
iii. Click Validate Now to validate the import
iv. If there are no exceptions:
· Unmark 'Validate data Only' on the General tab
· Click the 'Update Now' button to import updated information.
· The Control Report will appear on the screen when the import is completed, if you selected the option to created one.