- The 3-digit security code on the back of the Visa, MasterCard or Discover does not match what the card holder's bank has on file. For American Express this is the 4-digit code on the front of the card.
- The expiration date was entered incorrectly. Information on Card Security Code (CSC) settings here.
- The AVS settings within Altru need to be lowered to accept payment without using the CSC level
If the CSC and Expiration date are correct, use the below settings to temporarily lower the AVS settings, then revert once payment is processed:
- In Revenue, click Blackbaud Payment Service Merchant Accounts
- Highlight the merchant account, click Edit
- In the AVS level, select None
- In the CSC level, select None.
- Click Save.