- Ensure all users have logged out of The Financial Edge. If you integrate The Raiser's Edge, all users must also be signed out of The Raiser's Edge
- From GL, Configuration, Fiscal Years, from the Fiscal Years page, select the fiscal year you want to optimize. If a fiscal year has a status of “Open - Optimized”, it has already been through the optimization process.
- Click Optimize Fiscal Years. This button is enabled only if you have open fiscal years greater than two years old. The Optimize Fiscal Years screen appears.
- In the Optimize fiscal years [ ] through [ ] fields, select the year or years you want to optimize. The first field displays the earliest year that can be optimized and is read-only. In the through field, select any open fiscal year, except for the current or last fiscal year.
- Once you have selected the fiscal year or years you want to optimize, click Continue to begin the optimization process. This process could take several minutes, depending on how many fiscal years you select. When you optimization process is complete, you will receive a confirmation message.
- Click OK to return to the Fiscal Years page.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.