The following steps are based on including all participants in a given event. The same steps can be modified slightly to match to donors, volunteers, team leaders, etc.
Communications > eMail > [manage the desired campaign] > Receivers
- Expand the Communities folder
- Drill down to the event type you want to work from. Example: Special Events > Friends Asking Friends > Kintera Thon
- Click on Choose Event
- Select your event from the list and click Okay
- You will see a list of the types of records you can select from. To filter on participants, highlight Participants and click Add
- In the popup window click OK to add the filter on that record type
NOTE: In the popup window you can check the boxes to narrow your filter to meet additional criteria
- You should now have a filter in the Query box that reads "[Event Name]: All Participants in Event(s)"
Build two filters, one that selects all participants in last year's event and one that excludes all participants in this year's event.
This would look like:
[Old Event]: All Participants in Event(s)
AND NOT [New Event]: All Participants in Event(s)
If you have any questions about this, please Chat with Support and reference this article.