If you only need to reflect the date in General Ledger, you can reverse the trace report in General Ledger on the incorrect date and then reverse the newly created trace report on the correct date.
The obligation can be canceled or voided in Accounts Payable under the incorrect date. This will also reverse the incorrect journal entries that was made to General Ledger/Project Grant.
1. Log into Fundware with the incorrect date.
2. From Accounts Payable, click Open, select the Invoice folder.
a. If the obligation(s) need to be paid with a date later than the wrong date, change the business date and reprocess the obligation(s).
b. If the obligation(s) need to be paid with a date prior to the wrong date,
-click on the obligation(s) to highlight
-click on Void, click Ok, and the obligation(s) will go to the Voided folder under the Invoice folder.
-click on the Voided folder, verify the obligation(s) are the ones needed to be voided, and click on Post
3. You will receive confirmation that the trace report was successfully created.
4. Re-enter the P.O. or Invoice under the correct date. A new obligation number will be assigned and processing can continue in a logical date order.
The obligations can be memorized one at a time, created again with the correct business date, and then the originals can be voided with the incorrect business date:
1. Log into FundWare with the correct date
2. In the Invoice folder, highlight each Obligation that you want to memorize, and click memorize at the bottom. Name this for your records.
3. Navigate to the Memorized obligations folder, highlight the one that we are working with, and click Create
4. Select the stage that we want our new obligation to go to. Click OK.
5. Find the obligation under that folder>New
6. Click the post button
7. Once each obligation has been memorized and recreated with the correct dates, change the business date to be the incorrect date. At this point, void out the originals, which creates a reversing trace in the General Ledger.