1. Create and submit a data file to Blackbaud containing the records to be screened:
- Create a query of the constituents to include in the screening. Blackbaud recommends omitting constituents that have a birth date from the export; AgeFinder is an append service and does not match or confirm existing birth dates.
- All records need to have a name and at least one address line. We recommend running an AddressFinder screening prior to this service so that all addresses are current and in a standardized format.
- IMPORTANT: All records submitted must be of adults who would have a financial and\or consumer footprint in the cloud. Minor children should not be submitted to the service.
- Using the selected records from your query, export the following fields in CSV (comma-separated values) format.
- Constituent Information - First name
- Constituent Information - Middle Name
- Constituent Information - Last name
- Preferred Address - Preferred Address Line 1
- Preferred Address - Preferred Address Line 2
- Preferred Address - Preferred City
- Preferred Address - Preferred State
- Preferred Address - Preferred Zip Code
- Constituent Information - Constituent Import ID
- Transfer the file to our FTP site.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org. Provide your Site ID and name of service you would like your file to be screened through (AgeFinder.) Results will be returned in 3-5 business days. You will be informed by an email notification once the results are ready for download.
2. Download the results file:
- Download the zip file from our FTP site.
- Save the file onto a workstation where The Raiser's Edge is installed. This file contains a summary report and an import .txt file.
- Unzip the files to a location on your workstation.
3. Update your records with the import file:
- Add an Attribute named AgeFinder. (Note that the attribute type should be fuzzy date)
- Import the Attribute file to update your records with the Attribute.
- After reviewing the AgeFinder information, you can review How to add AgeFinder results to Bio1 tab