A pivot report is created from a query and allows the user to drag-and-drop the fields into columns or rows on the report. You can manipulate, filter, add and remove information an unlimited number of times after creating the report.
Example: Using a query of project transactions during the year, you could create a report with each project in a separate column, and the periods in separate rows.
To create a pivot report, follow these steps:
- Determine the goal of the report and the information to be included.
- Create a query containing the information to be included in the report. For the example above, create a project query and select the transaction amounts as output fields.
For more information refer to How to create a query in the Financial Edge (BB62873).
- From the Navigation Bar, click Reports, and then click Pivot Reports.
- Click New to create a new pivot report
- Click the binoculars to search for the query.
- Select the query type and click Find Now.
- Select the query created above, and click Open.
- Click Run Now to load the data into the report.
- To create the example report, drag Project ID from the PivotTableField List to the New Pivot Report screen field entitled "Drop Column Fields Here."
- Click the plus [+] beside Totals to expand the fields. Select Total Amount and drag it from PivotTable Field List to the Drop Total or Detail Fields Here field.
- Select File, Save from the menu bar on the New Pivot Report screen. Enter a name for the report.
- The report can be rearranged or "pivoted" by dragging the Month field to the Column field and the Project ID field to the Row field.
Note: To successfully view pivot reports and charts, you must have Excel 2000 or Excel XP installed on your computer.
For more information on creating and customizing pivot reports, refer to the Reports Guide for the appropriate module on your workstation or on The Financial Edge user guide page on our website.