- Go to the constituent record
- Go to the Memberships tab
- Locate the gift membership and click the Other Tasks button
- Select Edit renewal information
- Change the "Send renewal notice to" drop-down
View this community post about setting the gift membership default to 'primary member' for back office payments.
If you need to change a large number of membership records, use these steps to build a query and browse through:
- Go to Analysis > Information Library. Click Add an ad-hoc query.
- Select the source view of Memberships and click Ok
- In the middle, select Is gift and move this to Include Records Where. Set the criteria to is equal to Yes
- In the middle, click on Send renewal notice to and move this to Include Records Where. Set the criteria to either is equal to Giver or is equal to Primary Member, whichever you are looking to change.
- Go to Set Save Options tab. Name and save your query.
- Run the query and double click on each line of results to easily browse to the membership record. Then use the steps above to edit the renewal information.