Note: If the connection between the NetCommunity website and the RE Web Service are failing, due to either a connection issue or invalid username and password, you will not be able to login with a user account that is linked to a Raiser's Edge constituent record. Be sure you have a supervisor level login that is not linked to Raiser's Edge.
Steps to change or view the login in the Raiser's Edge Web Service web.config:
1. On the RE7 Service Server, Locate the web.config file in the Raisers Edge WebService directory (Default location: C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\Raisers Edge WebService).
2. Locate the line that starts with "<add key="RE7ServiceUsers"..."
3. On this line, view the fields in the "value=" section. This is the Username and password for the RE7 Service in the format of "Username\Password". Note: you can have multiple sets of logins separated by commas in this section.
4. Edit the value to any username and password combination that you wish.
Steps to update the username and password in NetCommunity:
1. if you have access to the web server, you can go to the configuration page via a browser on the server. Here is an example of the address to the configuration page: http://DomainName/configuration.aspx
If you do not have access to the web server, you will need to login to NetCommunity with a user who has supervisor rights. Note: If the user account is linked to an RE constituent record and the connection to the RE7 Web Service is failing, you will not be able to login. Login with a user who is not linked to a Raiser's Edge Record.
After you have logged into NetCommunity, go to "Administration" then "Sites and Settings" and move to the "Web Services" tab of this page.
2. Under the section titled "The Raiser's Edge settings", you will enter the user name and password from the Web.Config file in the "User" and "Password" fields.
3. Also Scroll down to the section titled "Custom Service", enter the same username and password in the appropriate fields here as well.
4. After making the change, be sure to save
If you accessed the configuration settings by going to the configuration.aspx URL, scroll to the bottom of the page and click Save.
If you accessed the configuration settings by going through "Sites and Settings", scroll to the top of the page and click Save.