- From Events, click Add new and select Special Event
- Under General, enter a unique name and description to help identify the event
- To further define the event, in the Category field, select the type of event
- When you select Do not show event on calendar, the event will not be displayed on the event calendar view
- When you select Event allows designations on fees, you can apply fees to designations. You can select the designations on the Designations tab of the event record.
- Under Details, enter the start and end date and times of the event
- Under Location information, search for and select the location where your organization hosts the event
- In the Room/Unit field, select the room or unit at the selected location used for the event. To add a new room to the location, click Add
- In the Capacity field, enter the total number of attendees the event can accommodate
- In the Contact field, search for and select the individual constituent who serves as a contact for the event location
- If the event is similar to another event, such as to add an instance of an event you hold each year, copy the settings from the other event
- Click Copy options. The Copy from event screen appears
- In the Copy from field, search for and select the event from which to copy settings
- Select the settings to copy from the original event such as tasks, expenses, and invitations
- Click OK. You return to the Add an event screen
- Save. The record of the new event appears.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.