Add an exception for The Financial Edge program in DEP:
- Click Start > Run > type sysdm.cpl > press Enter
- Select the Advanced tab
- Click Settings under Performance
- Select the Data Execution Prevention tab
- If "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select" is selected, click Add
- Browse to C:\Program Files\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge and select FE7Shell.exe (Note: This will be C:\Program Files (x86)\Blackbaud\The Financial Edge\ on 64bit workstations)
- Click OK to save changes
- Restart the machine
Note: We provide links to third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites, and we cannot assist with implementing resolutions from these websites.
1. Go to the Start Menu, right-click on Computer and select Properties.
2. Go to Advanced System Settings and a new window appears.
3. In the Advanced tab, choose "Settings..." under the Performance section
4. In the new window that Appears, select the Data Execution Prevention Tab.
5. Click Add...
6. Browse C drive
7. Choose Blackbaud
8. In that file, choose FE7
9. Click "Apply" and then "OK"
10. Restart the Computer.