- Go to Admin > Duplicate Constituent Management Tool
- In the pop-up window, select the following options:
- Under What types of records do you want to merge?, select either Individual or Organization
- Select to either Start a new search or Open previous results. NOTE: If Start a new search is selected, please allow adequate time for the tool to process.
- Click Start
- The list of potential duplicate records appears on the left-hand side of the screen
- In the grid on the right, the user can compare potential duplicate records side-by-side
- One record will default to being the Master record. This can be changed simply by clicking on the desired Master record
- To change the criteria by which the Master record is defaulted:
- Go to Tools > Settings
- Under When merging, which record do you intend to keep?, select the desired and most appropriate options for primary and secondary considerations for default criteria
- Under Include the following in the duplicate results, mark or unmark the checkboxes for Inactive and/or Deceased constituents as appropriate
- To merge a duplicate record into the Master record, select the option to Merge into Master Record
- The Merge Constituents window will appear, indicating which record you are merging from and merging into
- Select the appropriate type(s) of information in the Information section that you wish to merge into the Master record
- Mark or unmark the checkboxes to Exclude soft credits when merging gifts and/or Delete source constituent as appropriate. NOTE: If Delete source constituent is selected and the user proceeds with the merge, the source constituent record will be deleted from the database. This action cannot be reversed.
- Click Merge Now
- To indicate that the potential duplicate is actually not a duplicate (which will prevent it from appearing in future runs of the Duplicate Constituent Management Tool), select Not a Duplicate. There is no way to undo this once it has been marked as not a duplicate.
- To preview or print a report of the results, go to File > Preview > Report
- To preview or print the actual grid based on the selected record, go to File > Print > Grid
Note: To view the Duplicate Constituent Report that was formerly located in Admin, follow these steps:
Go to File > Preview > Report
Click the down arrow beside the Preview icon and then click Report