Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
An import file will need to be created to bring information into the Financial Edge. The format of the files differs depending on what type of record is being imported. Below are sample files of the Import options for the Payroll Module:
- Employee Attendance Plan
- Employee Attendance Records
- Employee Attribute
- Employee Benefit / Deduction
- Employee Event
- Flex Plan Disbursement
- Historic Entry
- Pay Types
- Time Entry: BBFile Format / Time Batch
Note: To view sample files, please click the underlined link for the import type. Example files contain the headers for required fields on the first row. The second row contains examples of the information that goes into these header columns. When using these templates to import, you will need to remove the information in the second row before inputting your data. When saving these files in Excel, use Text as the column type for any field with leading zeroes. Otherwise, Excel drops the leading zeros. You can save the file in any delimited format or in fixed length. However, the sample data file is in CSV format (37878).
For complete import information, refer to the following:
- For information on required fields and how to import by product, refer to the Import Guide (PDF)
- For additional information regarding the import process, refer to the Import section in the Administration Guide (PDF)
- For step by step importing instruction, refer to How to Import into the Financial Edge