Set up Trusted Sites and Enable Active X
- In Internet Explorer, click Tools or the gear icon. Note: If using Windows 8 or Windows 10 operating system, open Internet Explorer from the desktop instead of the tiles. To get to the desktop version, hold down the Windows key and press the D key at the same time.
- Select Internet Options
- On the Security tab, click Trusted Sites
- Click Sites.
- Enter the following sites:
- Click OK
- Click Custom Level on the Security tab
- In the ActiveX section, mark to enable automatic prompting of ActiveX controls
- Click OK
- In Internet Explorer, click Tools or the gear icon
- Select Compatibility View Settings, click add blackbaudhosting.com
- Click Close
- Close IE and reopen
Download Active X
- Log into Altru
- Go to Tickets, click Print Setup
- Click Workstation Interface. You will receive a prompt asking if you want a software utility from Blackbaud, Inc to make changes. Once you click yes, you will then need to click on Workstation Interface to add the ActiveX control to the workstation. This will load the utility on this computer system.
Add Your Workstation
- From Tickets, Click Workstations
- Click Add, enter the workstation name. Make sure it is intuitive so it is easy to recognize and different from other POS workstations.
- Enter the machine name.
- To find the machine name, go to Start, Control Panel, right click on Computer, click Properties. Copy the Computer Name (do not include the network information i.e. LWU840.blackbaud.com should just be entered as LWU840)
- On the Printers tab, click Add and select each printer (Receipt printer & Ticket printer)
Important Note: When adding a printer to a workstation, ensure that the printer does not share the name of a printer on another Altru workstation. For example, if you have two workstations with a printer named EPSON TM-T88V, this will cause slowness in receipt printing. Each printer should have a unique name for optimal performance (for example: Receipt Printer Workstation 1, Receipt Printer Workstation 2).
- On the Cash Drawer tab, click Edit and select the receipt printer
- Enter the printer codes to pop open the cash drawer. Important Note: Use this link to find the code(s) = Pop drawer codes
- In the cash drawer payment methods, click add, select cash, check, credit, etc
- Click Save
- From Tickets, click Print Setup
- Click Printer Lists
- Click Edit on receipt printer, select the new receipt printer Important Note: Ensure that the receipt printer falls under the receipt printer list, and not in a separate list (see screenshot below)
- Click Edit on ticket printer, select the new ticket printer Important Note: Ensure that the ticket printer falls under the ticket printer list, and not a separate list (see screenshot below)
Step 3: Complete a test print and Test Popping the Cash Drawer
Complete a Test Print for a Receipt
- From Sales, click Order Search, click Search
- Select an order
- On the Sales Documents tab, click Print
- Select the document to print, click Print
- From Sales, Select Order Search, Click search
- Select an order that has a ticket associated with it
- On the tickets tab, click Print
Test Popping the Cash Drawer
- From Sales, click No Sale/Open Cash Drawer
- Select other as the reason, click Save