To view the costs of goods sold, we recommend using the Merchandise Sales Report:
- Go to Merchandise
- Under Reports, click Merchandise Sales
- Select the parameters you need for your report:
- Under Department, choose whether you would like to run the report for all departments, selected departments, or a specific department
- Under Vendor, choose whether you would like to run the report for all vendors, selected vendors, or a specific vendor.
- Under Sales methods, choose whether you would like to run the report for all sales methods or a specific one.
- Under Group by, choose whether you would like to group the items by Category, Department or Vendor.
- Under Date, choose the date parameters for which you would like to run the report for.
- Click View Report.
Here is an example of how the final report will look. You can see the Cost of Sales column outlined below:
If you need additional details or would like to export raw data for a different presentation, you can also use a Sales Order query to export information about the number of items sold and the costs of those items:
- From Analysis > click information library
- Click Add an Ad-Hoc Query
- In the Record Type drop down, select Sales Order
- Highlight Sales Orders in the source, click ok
- In the 'Browse for fields in' drag Transaction Date to the 'include records where' select the date range
- Highlight Sales Order Item, drag Type to 'include records where' select equal to Merchandise
- Drag Quantity to the 'results fields to display'
- Expand Sales Order Item Merchandise
- Highlight Inventory Item
- Drag Item Details, & Cost to the 'results fields to display'
- Click Preview Results
- On the Set Save Options tab, name the query, click Save