Note: Once an event is put into Active mode, the test credit card information can no longer be used. So any transaction testing while an event is in Active mode must be done with an actual credit card.
You can set up a test record through Bookkeeping.
1. Go to Communities > Special Events > Friends Asking Friends > Kintera Thon > [Event Name] > Bookkeeping
2. Click on "Single Registration Entry"
This allows you to create registration records for the event. You can create a new contact record for this registration and give it a login and password that you can use to log in to the active event.
You may run into a question of how to handle the payment for this test registration. Keep in mind that money attached to active records will show up in reporting.
If you need to establish a free registration, you can now make a free registration type and make this Sphere Only so only you can use it.
To establish a Sphere Only registration type:
1. Go to Communities > Special Events > Friends Asking Friends > Kintera Thon > [Event Name] > Website Info
2. Click on Fee Structure
3. Click on Add Registration Type
4. Name the registration type "Free Reg - Sphere Only" or something for internal use
5. In the Payment tab choose $0 as the payment amount
6. In the Advanced tab, check the box for Sphere Only
7. Save the new type
You can now use this to create a free login to your active site so you can check on reported issues or provide access to support staff.