Steps to configure a task to populate the engagement factor fields:
- Go to Data Management > select Tasks.
- Select the Task List tab.
- Click Create a New Task.
- Click Web Site Engagement Segmentation or Email Response Rate Segmentation.
- Enter a Name and Description for your task.
- Next to "Update this field with results" choose the desired Engagement Factor field.
- Under "Include these interaction types" choose a Weight next to the desired type.
- A weight of 1 will add a value of 1 to your Engagement Factor field for each interaction that is found in the Constituent360 profile. For example, a constituent has made 3 donations and you set the weight for Donations to 1. A value of 3 will be recorded in the Engagement Factor field on the Constituent360 profile. If a weight of 2 is set for Donations, then a value of 6 would be recorded.
- In the "Include interactions up to this many days old" box, input the number of days in the past that you would like this task to evaluate.
- Click the Save button.
- Find the saved task in the list and click Run. The Last Run Status will become queued for immediate execution.
- Click the Refresh button at the bottom of the page until the Last Run Status becomes completed.
Notes about a typical engagement factor configuration:
- One task is created for one engagement factor field. If you have multiple tasks populating the same field, they will not combine together. Instead they will conflict with each other because each task zeroes out the field it is associated with when the task is run.
- You may also choose to have combo weights. For example, you may put a 1 next to Donations, eCommerce Purchases, Ticket Purchases, and TeamRaiser Registrations so that every transaction gets a 1 instead of just donations. The weight also allows you to prioritize the importance of each Interaction type. For example, you want to target constituents who are highly active in your email deliveries and you decide that Forwarded e-mails are more important than click-throughs. The weight allows you to raise the value of each forwarded e-mail. Then you can Query the Engagement Factor field based on the constituent's level of activity.
- Most tasks look back a maximum of a year. So step 8 is usually set to 365.