- Create the image that you want to place in the bar. This will need to be a very small image. You can go to the following site to convert any image that you have to a small image to be used as a favicon:
- Once you save the image to your desktop, you can then upload the image into your FTP site. Place the image "favicon.ico" in the root of the directory of the ftp site (do not place image in any folders). Note: You can test to see if the favicon.ico was loaded properly to the ftp site by going to http://yourwebsite.com/favicon.ico The image should appear.
- In your pagewrapper, you will add the following code to the Meta Tags>Additional HTML Tags for HEAD Element.
- Once this is done, the image should begin appearing in the address bar when you access your website.
- Firefox, Opera, and other browsers will display the favicon in the address bar when the site is accessed. IE will require that the page be bookmarked and accessed via the bookmark before the icon will be displayed.
How do I access my FTP server?