- Ensure you are running the latest version of The Raiser's Edge with latest patch installed.
- Ensure Charity Reference Number in Configuration, General matches the Charity Reference Number on HMRC Online Services
- Ensure the HMRC Submission Settings are completed in Config, including the HMRC User ID and name details of the person who has registered for the Online Giving service. The Charity Regulator Number can be found on Charity Commission website
- Confirm the User ID and password being used are correct, by using them to successfully login to HMRC Online Services gateway
- Ensure the HMRC web URL https://transaction-engine.tax.service.gov.uk/submission for submissions is not being blocked by firewall / proxy. Create a firewall / proxy exception for this URL to allow traffic.
- If none of the above resolves the error, reset the HMRC online gateway password and use the new password to submit the claim in Raiser's Edge
- See HMRC transitional arrangement that advises HMRC will continue to accept the previous claim method of sending the R68(i) in the post up until 30 September 2013.
HMRC advise processing time for the R68(i) is currently 30 days.
- Submit the claim using HMRC online spreadsheet.
Download and install the latest version and patch, if applicable.