- Double-click "crmconfigmgr.exe" to open the self-extracting archive.
- Create a folder/location to extract all files to. By default, the archive sets a temporary folder and it may be easiest to change this to a new folder on your desktop.
- At the webserver, copy "ConfigurationManager.Catalog.dll" to the bbAppFx/vroot/bin folder on the webserver for each site to be used with Configuration Manager.
NOTE: Placing files in the vroot/bin folder will cause the application pool to recycle and halt any running business processes.
- Log in with administrative rights to each CRM site where the "ConfigurationManager.Catalog.dll" assembly was copied to
- Administration functional area > Application > Catalog Browser
- Drop down "Type" to read: "Package"
- Drop down "Source" to read: "ConfigurationManager.Catalog.dll"
- Click "Apply"
- Right-click "Configuration Manager Package" and choose "Load item"
- At your workstation, double-click "ConfigurationManager.exe" to launch the Configuration Manager and setup target and source sites.
Follow these steps if Blackbaud hosts CRM:
- Contact Support, reference this article, and provide the following information:
- A link to the site you'd like enabled with Configuration Manager
- A specific time within the next 48-72 hours when there will be no business process activity in this environment.
- When the assembly is confirmed loaded, follow steps 4-10 above to enable Configuration Manager.