- In The Education Edge, create exports for the desired record type(s) that output the "Online user ID" and "Online password" fields, in addition to the desired email address and name fields, to a Comma-Separated Values (CSV) export format.
- If working with multiple exports, you may wish to consolidate the data from multiple exports into one CSV file before proceeding.
- In Blackbaud NetCommunity, create an Imported List from the CSV file that you created in step 1.
- Create a new Template with a Data Source that matches the Imported List that you created in step 2.
- Create a new Message from the Template that you created in step 3.
- The columns from your CSV file that contained the "Online user ID" and "Online password" fields that you exported will now be available as merge fields in the design of your email Message.
To send a welcome email that includes username and password information to new user accounts that you have not yet created via the "Add users to NetCommunity" utility in The Education Edge, see BB742071.