Warning: Edit the Registry at your own risk. Inappropriate changes to the Windows Registry can disable the operating system! To safeguard against such an accident, we recommend that you back up your existing registry by choosing Registry > Export Registry File after launching the Registry Editor and before making any changes.
- Open the Blackbaud Management Console (BMC) and locate the database name of the database in question
- Open the Registry
- Navigate to:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Blackbaud (32-bit operating systems); or
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Blackbaud (64-bit operating systems)
- For The Raiser's Edge, look for any keys beginning with REINI_, such as REINI_1 (production/live database) or REINI_50 (sample database)
For The Financial Edge, look for any keys beginning with AFNINI_, such as AFNINI_1 (production/live database) or AFNINI_50 (sample database)
- Expand the selected key from Step #4 above and then select the General key
- Locate the DB_Description key
- Verify that the name in the DB_Description key is the name of the database obtained from the BMC in Step #1 above.
- The database number will be the number in the title of the main key.
REINI_1 means that the database number will be 1
REINI_50 means that the database number will be 50
AFNINI_1 means that the database number will be 1
AFNINI_50 means that the database number will be 50
Tip: The database number for the sample database will always be 50. If you have only one database attached in the Blackbaud Management Console (other than the sample database), then the database number will be 1. If you have more than one database attached besides sample, then follow the steps above to obtain the number for that database.For details on retrieving the database number using the API, please refer to the following article:
How to write code to determine the database number for The Raiser's Edge