Setting Up Users
If you are a System Administrator, you can add staff or volunteers from your organization as users who can enter data into your system (like donations and accounts), work with the information, and so on.
You can associate each user with a Profile and role to define what they can do within the system. For example, you can create a Luminate CRM User to have access to all tasks, except the system maintenance tasks (such as managing configuration options) that are reserved for the System Administrator or a Luminate CRM Marketing User that has access to campaigns but not donations management. If you are using the pre-existing Common Ground Standard User profile, this profile is set up to have access to all tasks but the system maintenance tasks.
To set up new users:
- After logging in, click your name and click Setup from the drop-down list.
- In the Administration Setup section in the left sidebar, click Manage Users to expand the section.
- Click the Users link to display the Users page.
- Click the New User button to display the page for creating a new user.
- For the required fields and drop-down lists marked with a horizontal red bar, enter or select the appropriate information and the permissions you want this user to have.
- Optionally, enter or select information as well as click any check boxes that apply to this user to grant the permissions to create/edit that object (for example, clicking the Marketing User check box enables this user to create campaigns.)
- Click the Save button to display the Profile page for this user.
- Scroll down to the Managed Packages section of the page and click the Assign Licenses button.
- In the Unassigned Packages section, click the Luminate CRM package name and click the Add button. The profile page for the new user displays again.