Once implementation is complete, the search box can be placed through the following steps:
- Open the website management window for your CMS site.
- Click on the Edit Webpages link.
- In your site structure view (where you can see the "folders" for your nav structure), click on New > Tool.
- Select Google Search. If searching by category, this is in Custom at the bottom.
- You will now have a window for defining your Google Search.
- Give your new search tool a name.
- Click 'Select' to place the tool in your navigation. Hover over the folder containing your current search and select 'Place Inside'.
Note: You can expand the folder to more closely define where you place the search tool.
This is all you need to establish the Google search with its basic parameters. At this point you can check 'Publish Immediately' and click Create if you so choose.
To move the old search you can hover over its name in your folder structure to receive a tooltip window. This window allows you to Move the search tool. Place it in Archive/Hidden to preserve it without displaying it in the page.
The Google Search tool allows you to customize how the tool works. To do this you might review the following document:
This will detail the settings asked for when customizing your Google search application.