All BBMS users will have access to both the BBMS Web Portal and the MobilePay app.
To set up Users for Blackbaud MobilePay:
- A role should be created for any users who should not have full rights to the BBMS Web Portal, see What permissions are available for roles in the BBMS Portal?. This step is optional, roles are not needed for Admin users on the account.
- To process payments, no features need to be selected
- The Manage Mobile Devices permission should be marked if the users should have authority to approve their own devices upon login to the app.
- If the user does not already have access to BBMS, a username and password must be added to give them access to BBMS and Mobilepay. See How to add users to access the Blackbaud Merchant Services Web Portal or MobilePay to add more users.
- Instruct the user to log into their device with the username and password created in step 2 along with a unique device name. If the user does not have the permission to manage mobile devices they will need to be approved by a device manager, see How to approve MobilePay device requests.
- Do not use the primary username for the account to log into the app to prevent it from getting locked out of the account. After several invalid attempts at logging in, a username will be locked out and the primary username has the ability to log in to the BBMS portal to unlock them (see How to Unlock or Reset a User Account Password for the Blackbaud Merchant Services (BBMS) Web Portal).
- To keep your Blackbaud Merchant Services portal secure only provide MobilePay users with the rights they will need to perform in the MobilePay app such as Search Transactions, View Transaction Details and Refund when assigning a Role.
- Create a username for each user. Usernames can be shared, however they are more likely to get locked out at an event as they will have more invalid login attempts.