If they dont, give user rights to delete addresses by:
- Open the security group within Admin, Security
- Highlight Records and click Options.
- Highlight Constituent in the left frame.
- In the right frame, mark View, Add, Edit and Delete for Address.
Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
- Create query of records you wish to remove the preffered address of or all addresses
- Create a new Constituent Global Change via Admin
- Include only the records selected in your query
- The fields you should include to change are:
- Address Lines under All Addresses or Preffered Address, using the Operator "Add" and leaving the Add field blank
- Send Mail field under All Address Attributes or Preffered Address Attributes, with the Operater "Add" and the Add field being "Unchecked".
- Phone number and Phone Type under All Address Attributes or Preffered Address Attributes, both with the Operator "Add" and leaving the Add field blank
Running this Global Change will completely remove either all addresses or the preferred address from both the Bio 1 tab and the Address tab on the Contituents' record.