eTapestry support cannot remove email addresses from Held status unless all of the following has been completed:
- Ensure the email address is correct within the eTapestry database
- Contact the constituent and ensure their inbox is not full
- Contact the constituent and ensure their email address is not disabled
- Contact the constituent and have them adjust their security settings to be able to receive mass emails from eTapestry (may need to white listing our IP addresses)
- Receive a Confirmation email from the constituent confirming all of these items have been addresses
Some customers will send a one-off email to the constituent and it arrives just fine. If it was sent from the eTapestry database this confirms the email address is correct, the email's inbox is not full, and the email address is not disabled. But sending a one-off email is not the same as sending a Mass Email (basic or advanced). They are two different processes and email providers view them differently. So sending a one-off email (either in eTapestry or outside of eTapestry) does not mean the constituent is able to receive mass emails.
Having the constituent white list the IP addresses we use to send mass emails will definitely ensure this does not happen again. Often times this means the constituent has to contact their email provider's support team. Here are the IP addresses for eTapestry and Delivra.