For example, if an email address became Held because it's invalid, then the organization will need to provide confirmation that they have obtained the correct email address. If we fail to acquire confirmation and flip those members back to normal, they potentially will bounce again and cause poor deliverability for not only the organization that sent the mass email, but other eTapestry clients as well. The same same third party is handling all of the advanced mass emails for each customer and we do not want them to end up on any blacklists.
eTapestry support cannot remove email addresses from Held status unless all of the following has been completed:
Contact the constituent and:
- Confirm their email address is correct in eTapestry
- Ensure their inbox is not full
- Ensure their email address is not disabled
- Have them adjust their security settings to be able to receive mass emails from you (add your sending email address to their safe list)
- Obtain a confirmation email from the constituent confirming all of these items have been addressed and that they wish to receive mass communications from you. This must be provided to support.
Some customers will send a one-off email to the constituent and it arrives just fine. If it was sent from the eTapestry database this confirms the email address is correct, the email's inbox is not full, and the email address is not disabled. But sending a one-off email is not the same as sending a Mass Email (basic or advanced). They are two different processes and email providers view them differently. So sending a one-off email (either in eTapestry or outside of eTapestry) does not mean the constituent is able to receive mass emails.