By 1 February 2014, Single Euro Payments Area (SEPA) Credit Transfer and Direct Debit will replace existing national credit transfers and direct debits. This means euro payments within SEPA can be considered domestic and subject to the same conditions, rights and obligations, regardless of national boundaries.Important Notes:
- Once SEPA is enabled in The Raiser's Edge, it cannot be disabled.
- SEPA files are processed using SEPA compliant software. Contact your bank for further information and assistance.
- SEPA does not affect United Kingdom at this time. Being GBP based only, UK means of payment are not impacted by SEPA.
- See SEPA key terms for more information on acronyms used in SEPA documentation.
SEPA for The Raiser’s Edge
- Update to Raiser's Edge version 7.93, if not already running that version.
Then download and install patch 2 or higher, if running Raiser's Edge 7.93 with an earlier patch.
- SEPA is enabled via Config, Business Rules, Gift Activity, SEPA
- Tick the option to Enable Single Euro Payments Area.
If your Raiser’s Edge database currently contains bank information, therefore the data will need to migrate to SEPA, we suggest that you select Both SEPA and classic fields option.
New clients with no bank information in Raiser’s Edge can choose either SEPA set-up only or Both SEPA and classic fields.
- In Config, General ensure the “Paperless mandates used” option is NOT ticked. This is not compatible with SEPA functionality.
- Setup your SEPA sponsoring bank
IBAN – International Bank Account Number
BIC – Business Identifier Code
See EPC SEPA Direct Debits IBAN and BIC
Creditor ID – Creditor Identifier (also known as Originator ID Number [OIN])
see EPC Documents Creditor Identifier Overview
Note: We provide links to third-party websites in an effort to help you resolve your issue. We are not responsible for the information on third-party websites, and we cannot assist with implementing resolutions from these websites.
- Migrate existing bank information to SEPA.
- Populate the Mandate ID on existing Direct Debits in preparation for collection using the SEPA scheme.