When refunding or partially refunding a ticket, you get a prompt "With this refund, do you want to mark registrants as Canceled and add tickets back to inventory?" If you select yes and then the tickets will be added back to inventory. If you did not mean to return the tickets to inventory and cancel the event, you might go back to the registrants tab and mark them as not canceled. This will show there attendance but will not take the ticket back from inventory. This allow for an extra registrant.
To find out which tickets were returned to inventory:
- Navigate to Analysis, then click on Information Library
- Click Add ad-hoc query
- Select source view of Sales Order and click OK
- From the left column, expand Sales Order Item, expand Sales Order Item Ticket, then select Program Event. From the middle column, drag Event Record into Include records where. Set Equal to your Program Event.
- From the left column, expand Sales Order Item, expand Sales Order Item Ticket, then select Ticket. From the middle column, drag Is Refunded into Include records where. Set Equal to Yes.
- Navigate to Preview results tab and click the Browse button at the bottom of the page.
- A box will pop up that says “Choose page definition," and you will select Sales order.
- For reach Record, check the Tickets tab of the of the sales order. The orders where the tickets have been returned to inventory will appear in RED letters instead of black.
- Note: Tickets that were returned will also be listed as Canceled under Status and the ones where the tickets were not returned will have a status of Active.
Steps to resolve if you have not gone over capacity:
- Go to Tickets > Program Search. Search for and select your program.
- Go to the Events List tab. Find the affected event.
- Click on the event, then click Edit event in the top left corner.
- Decrease the capacity of the event by the number of tickets refunded. Click Save.
- Note: If the event has gone over capacity, you can choose to either allow for the extra registrant or to cancel one of the registrants.