- If you select the Reject profile updates option, the plugin will not create a new record for you and you'll receive that error.
- If you don't select Create new Raiser’s Edge record automatically, you will receive that error.
- If you don't select Bypass required fields, you may receive that error depending on which required fields you have setup in batch.
In general and as a best practice, we discourage processing corporate gifts in bulk for the following reasons:
- The possibility of user error. For example, a donor types in their company name and it differs from the record you need to link it to.
- It's better to take time at that moment to make sure everything is linked properly so you don’t have to clean up your data later on.
- You'll most likely want to add things to an organization's record like, address/phone, especially if the organization will be donating regularly.
Ultimately, we recommend that you process all affected gifts in the plugin one by one (single transaction process instead of bulk). This will ensure that your data remains intact and that all these types of gifts will be linked and will process successfully in the plugin.