Note: Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup solution.
The first step of an import is determining which type of record needs to be imported. An import file will need to be created to bring information into the Financial Edge. The format of the files differs depending on what type of record is being imported. Below are the available imports and sample templates to use when importing into the Financial Edge – General Ledger:
- Account Attributes
- Account Codes
- Account Code Attributes
- ADP Imports: Minimum / Maximum fields
- Fiscal Year Budget: Account / Grant / Project
- Journal Entry Transactions
- Period Range Budget: Account / Grant / Project
- Project Attributes
- Project Indirect Cost Pool
- Project Indirect Cost Rate
- Project Total Budget
Note: To view sample files, please click the underlined link for the import type. Example files contain the headers for required fields on the first row. The second row contains examples of the information that goes into these header columns. When using these templates to import, you will need to remove the information in the second row before inputting your data. When saving these files in Excel, use Text as the column type for any field with leading zeroes. Otherwise, Excel drops the leading zeros. You can save the file in any delimited format or in fixed length. However, the sample data file is in CSV format.
When importing Journal Entries, we recommend importing through a new Batch. For instruction on this process, please view: How to import Journal Entries.
For specific steps on importing Budgets, please view How to Import Budgets into The Financial Edge.
For complete import information, refer to the following:
- For information on required fields and how to import by product, refer to the Import Guide (PDF)
- For additional information regarding the import process, refer to the Import section in the Administration Guide (PDF)
- For step by step importing instruction, refer to How to Import into the Financial Edge.