Here are instructions on how to add filters in a constituents query to only include the primary household member in the results:
- Ensure that the constituent Name is in the output of the query.
Note: If you do not have Name, add it by highlighting Constituents at the top of the far left hand column. From the middle column, drag Name into Results fields to display.
- In Browse for fields in, expand Households Belonging To, expand Household Constituent, then highlight Household Members. In the middle column, drag Is Primary Contact to Include Records Where. Your field will appear like this:
- In Browse for fields in, expand the Household Members that you had highlighted in the previous step. Highlight Household Constituent. In the middle column, drag Name to Include Records Where. Apply criteria to be Equal to Output field. Select Name from the drop down.
Your fields will now appear like this:
- From the middle column drag the same Name field: Household Belonging To\Household Constituent\Household Members\Household Constituent\Name to Include Records where. This time in the Apply criteria window, change Equal to to Blank. After this field, change the AND to OR. This field will return anyone who is not a member of a household.
- Place parenthesis around your first two fields, then surround your entire Household criteria in parenthesis.
- In the left column, click on Constituents at the very top. In the middle column, click Is group/household and drag to Include Records Where. Set the criteria to Equal to No. Your criteria should look like this:
- For information about constituents that are part of a household, pull from the Household Members node.
- For information about constituents that are not part of a household, pull from the Constituent Details node.