Step #1: Create your Constituent query
- Navigate to Analysis, then click on Information Library
- Click Add an ad-hoc query
- Select source view of #Constituent and click OK
Step #2: Add filters to only include the primary household member in the results:
- Ensure that the constituent Name is in the output of the query.
- Note: If you do not have Name, add it by highlighting Constituents at the top of the far left hand column. From the middle column, drag Name into Results fields to display.
- In left column, expand Households Belonging To, expand Household Constituent, then select Household Members. From the middle column, drag Is Primary Contact to Include records where. Your field will appear like this:
- In the left column, expand Households Belonging To, expand Household Constituent, expand Household Members and select Household Constituent. From the middle column, drag Name to Include records where. Apply criteria to be Equal to Output field. Select Name from the drop down.
Your fields will now appear like this:
- From the same middle column, drag the Name field into Include records where. This time in the Apply criteria window, change Equal to to Blank. After this field, change the AND to OR. This field will return anyone who is not a member of a household.
- Place parenthesis around your first two fields, then surround your entire Household criteria in parenthesis.
- In the left column, select Constituents at the very top. From the middle column, drag Is group/household to Include Records Where. Set Equal to No. Your criteria should look like this:
Another way to pull information by household is to create a query with a source view of Constituents (with Household information rolled up). This source view looks directly at Household constituents, so if you are looking to pull information about Household members and individual constituents that are not part of a household, you will have to pull this information from different nodes in query.
- For information about constituents that are part of a household, pull from the Household Members node.
- For information about constituents that are not part of a household, pull from the Constituent Details node.