- Follow the steps to Generate a Header File. The Header File will provide you with fields to use to create a new Microsoft Word document that includes merged data fields. Here are the data fields that can be merged into your member card letter.
- Create your Membership Card Template in Word.
- After you add content and merge fields in your Word document, you will need to add a field to prompt Altru to move to the next membership. To add the <<Next Record>> field in Word, under Mailings, click Rules and select Next Record.
- Use <<Next Record>> after the first and second block of membership information. The end of the page automatically signals Altru to go to the next record when performing a merge.
- Save the template and upload it into the Letter Template Library.
- Once your letter template is uploaded, you can Add a new Print Membership Card Process or edit an existing process to use this template.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Do not use text boxes in conjunction with the <<Next Record>> merge field. Altru is not able to read <<Next Record>> properly when confined in a text box.