- In General Ledger, Configuration, Funds and check to see if any of the funds balance by segment.
- Check to see if the fund balance account designated on the fund record is set up like this: 01-3000-**
- If the fund is required to balance by segment, and the fund balance account designated on the fund record has ** in place of the segment - then you must make sure that the corresponding account numbers featuring the fund balance account code and all needed segments exist. All of the combinations must exist for the activity to close correctly.
- If you are not sure if all of the necessary combinations have been made, go to Records, Accounts, Create multiple accounts and select the account code filter to be the fund balance account code needed. Click on Preview to see the list of accounts that are going to be set up (i.e. the list of accounts that do not yet exist).
- If you need to create these accounts, then click on the Create Accounts button
- Re-run your trial balance report and this balance in the beginning and/or ending balance column in the grand totals line should now be 0, as the new account numbers you have created have allowed the balances to roll properly.
Connect and collaborate with fellow Blackbaud users.