When adding a new international address to The Raiser's Edge, the key steps are:
- Research the country's address format. Two resources are Universal Postal Union or Bitboost.
- Set up the new country in The Raiser's Edge.
- For consistent data entry, create a how-to document that records how your organization is entering a country's international address.
Below is an example that sets up a country record for Japan. (Note: The following is a sample process that illustrates a process for one country. Blackbaud product support cannot offer specific recommendations on settings, formats, address choices, etc. that require decisions unique to your organization. If you would like specific guidance with this configuration / set-up, please ask about Blackbaud's professional services.)
1. The sample format for Japan may be:
Choose one whose fields most closely match the desired country:
|United States||United Kingdom||Canada||Australia||New Zealand|
*State and Province are the same code table
**County is its own table
***City and Suburb are the field or the same table if designated as a look-up
****These fields are the same field
*****These fields are unique Raiser's Edge fields of NZ City and NZ Suburb
3. In The Raiser's Edge at Config > International, at Display available fields for this country select the country chosen in step two. For this example, United Kingdom is being utilized for the Japan address set-up. Configure the address block as follows:
4. Then create a how-to manual for you / your staff to reference on how to enter international addresses to ensure consistent data entry. A template as follows can be added for each country. Here's how instructions for Japan might look:
Raiser's Edge field entry
- Select Japan in Country drop-down.
- Address Lines: Enter house number and street number with dashes between numbers and a comma between house number and street. In example:4-3-2, Hakusan
- County: Enter locality name in the county field. In example: Bunkyo-ku
- City: Enter City name in all capital letters. In example: TOKYO
- Postcode: Enter the 7-digit number as a group of three number and four numbers joined by a hyphen. In example: 112-0001