Note : Before you proceed with the following instructions, back up the database. If your organization integrates multiple Blackbaud products, refer to the Additional Requirements section of the backup article.
Prior to importing, we suggest marking Validate Now on the General tab.: Validating the data will not import the information in the system. This is a test run of the import.
- Create a data file or use an existing file.
View Sample file that is attached (Import payment.xlsx) to show an example of the file layout.
- You can save the file in any delimited format or in fixed length. However, the sample data file is in CSV format (BB11254).
- *Although headers are not required in The Education Edge, we recommend using them. Otherwise, you must manually map the fields in the data file to the corresponding fields in The Education Edge. You can save the file in any delimited format or in fixed length. However, the example and the sample data file are in CSV format.
- Verify the new deposit has been created in Records > Deposits. The deposit ID field must also be filled in. Most users have the Deposit ID field match the Deposit Number.
- Verify the file has following required fields (any additional fields can be included in the import as well):
- Record ID (Record Import ID is not an option for this import)
- Deposit ID
- Payment Date,
- Payment Method
- In Administration > click Import.
- Click Payment (below Payment)
- Mark Import new records on the General tab.
- Browse to the CSV file in the Import file field
- Select the File Layout tab and and select the Import File does not contain field names option ONLY if your import file does not have header. If your Import File contains the field names, mark Fields names are on the first line of the import file.
- Select the Fields tab and map the fields
- Save the import parameters.
- Click Validate now (if we marked Validate data only on the general tab) or Import Now