The process is seamless once it is set up, but there are several important initial steps that you need to take.
- Select a payment gateway and credit card processor. (Blackbaud Merchant Services™ comes with Luminate as the default end-to-end processor.)
- Submit your application. (This step is not required if your organization will use Blackbaud Merchant Services).
- Configure your gateway and processor (not required for Blackbaud Merchant Services).
- In addition to accepting credit cards, Luminate Online and Luminate CRM users may also accept payments via ACH/direct debit, and PayPal. There may be a setup fee for each of these payment options, and you contract directly with the third-party providers who offer them.
Some of the advantages of choosing Blackbaud Merchant Services include:
- MobilePay: This is a mobile app that allows you to collect funds while fundraising out in the field.
- OneRate: Every client pays the same rate with no additional fees. There are no monthly or startup fees.
- Immediate Setup: You will be ready to use your account immediately after it is set up and we handle most of this process for you.
- Credit Card Update: This feature will automatically update Credit Cards that have expired or have become invalid (while remaining PCI compliant).