- Click Management > User Defined Fields
- Click the Category the field is in
- Click the Name of the field
- Click Step 3 - Field Attributes in the Steps box
- Uncheck the box next to "Would you like this field to be required?"
- Click Save and Finish
Please note: If you choose to make that field required again there may be some fields that are now empty. If your Mass Update removed the only value in that field, the next time you go to the record the field applies to you will be required to fill in a value before saving the record.
Option 2: If the User Defined Field was set up as a Consent field you are not able to make changes to the values on existing journal entries or the account (Defined Fields page). Consent fields follow special data entry processes.