In order to install and setup WAPI in preparation for third-party LMS integration, two steps need to be completed: installing the WAPI plugin and granting plugin access to the third-party that your organization will be integrating with.
You may also review The Education Edge Web Services Installation Guide
If Blackbaud hosts your data, the plugin will already be preinstalled, so you will just need to grant third-party access to get started.
Step 1: Installing the WAPI plugin
- Ensure you are running at least Education Edge 7.86 patch 4 and .NET Framework 4.5, as both are prerequisites to installing WAPI. The .NET Framework 4.5 installer is available on the Microsoft website and can be found here.
- Using Internet Explorer (other browsers may result in errors), download the WAPI plugin from this link. You will want to select 'Keep' if prompted. This can be done from the database server, or any workstation with access to the Education Edge.
- Open the plugin, and when the plugin installation screen appears, click 'Yes' to install the plugin.
- Log into the Education Edge with Supervisor rights.
Step 2: Granting third-party access
- Log into the Education Edge and click on Web Services. This will appear in the left panel along with other modules such as Records and Query.
- Install the Service, if prompted and save in the default location.
- Click Partner Access, then select Activate.
- When prompted, enter your site ID and an email address of a primary contact for your organization, then click Finish.
- Under 'Partner access', select the third-party provider you would like to grant access to. Currently, Haiku Learning and Schoology are our only available partners and we are working to grow this partner network.
- Once this is complete, you will be ready to set up integration. For assistance in setting up the integration, you will need to reach out to the partner you are integrating with. Information on how to contact Haiku support for setting up third-party integration with Haiku can be found here.