- Navigate to Analysis, then click on Information Library
- Click Add and select Add an ad-hoc query
- Choose the source view of Membership and click OK
- In the left column, select Membership Transaction. From the middle column, drag Expiration date (date only) to Include records where. Set this Equal to last year or between your specific dates.
- Note: The reason we recommend using Expiration date instead of transaction date is because a member could have a transaction that may fall outside of your date ranges, but they would have still been active during your date range. For example, if a member renewed their membership on 12/31/2012, they still would have been active during our date ranges of 1/1/2013 and 12/31/2013.
- (Optional) If you would like to only see the primary member in your output, in the left column select Member. From the middle column,drag Primary Member to Include records where. Set this Equal to Yes.
- In order to include all of the members who joined during your time period (for example, if a member joined on 5/1/2013, their expiration date may not be until 5/1/2014 and would not meet your criteria): In the left column, select Membership Transaction. From the middle column, drag Transaction Date (date only) into Include records where. Set this to Equal to your date range.
- In the left column, select Membership Transaction. From the middle column, drag Action into Include records where. Set Equal to One of: Join, Rejoin and Renew.
- Surround these fields in parenthesis and add an OR statement (see below for example)
Add Results fields to display:
- To see Constituent name: In the left column, expand Members and select Constituent. From the middle column, drag Name into Results fields to display.
- To see address: In the left column, expand Members, expand Constituent, then select Address(Primary). From the middle column, drag Address line 1, Address line 2, City, State, and Zip into Results fields to display.
- To see other member details (such as current level or last renewed): In the left column, select Membership. From the middle column, drag fields such as Last Renewed or Member Level to Results fields to display.
Save your query:
- Click Set save options tab
- Name query
- If you will be using this query elsewhere in Altru, mark to Create a selection
- If you will be using this query in another query, mark to Show this Selection in the Query Designer
- Save and Close
Here is an example of what your final query will look like:
Note: If your memberships have multiple terms longer than one year you may need to alter step two of this solution to account for the extended term.
If you are looking to pull details about specific membership transactions, see our related solution: How to create a list of all membership transactions (BB743588)