- Go to Analysis > Information Library
- Click Add and select Add an ad-hoc query
- Choose the source view of Membership and click OK
- In Browse for fields in (left column), highlight Membership Transaction
- From the middle column, drag Expiration date (date only) to Include Records where. Set this filter to be equal to last year or between your specific dates. For example, to capture everyone active during 2013, your filter would read: Membership Transaction\Expiration date (date only) is between 1/1/2013 and 12/31/2013.
Note: The reason we recommend using Expiration date instead of transaction date is because a member could have a transaction that may fall outside of your date ranges, but they would have still been active during your date range. For example, if a member renewed their membership on 12/31/2012, they still would have been active during our date ranges of 1/1/2013 and 12/31/2013.
- In order to include all of the members who joined during your time period (for example, if a member joined on 5/1/2013, their expiration date may not be until 5/1/2014 and would not meet your criteria), you will want to add two more fields. With Membership Transaction still highlighted in the left hand column, drag Transaction Date (date only) into Include Records Where. Set this to be between your date range. Also drag Action from the middle column to Include Records Where. Set this to be equal to Join. Surround these fields in parenthesis and add an OR statement, so your fields appear like this:
- (Optional) If you would like to only see the primary member in your output, highlight Member in the left column and from the middle column, drag Primary Member to Include Records Where. Set this filter equal to Yes. Your filter will read: Members\Primary member is equal to Yes.
Add Results fields to display:
- If you would like to see the name of the member or any other constituent details (such as address), expand Members in the left column, then highlight/expand the Constituent node. To see Name, drag Name from the middle column into Results fields to display. To see address, highlight Address(Primary) in the left column and drag the fields in the middle column to Results fields to display.
- To see other member details (such as current level or last renewed), highlight Membership at the top of the left column. Drag fields such as Last Renewed or Member Level to Results Fields to Display.
Note: If your memberships have multiple terms longer than one year you may need to alter step two of this solution to account for the extended term