This discrepancy is caused by how Apple's email clients interpret the links to the image from Blackbaud NetCommunity. If the image has a friendly URL enabled in the image library and the image location in the email is referencing the image ID instead, the Apple email client may not display the image properly. This can be resolved by updating the image location in the email with the friendly URL.
Follow these steps to update the image location with the friendly URL:
- Log into Blackbaud NetCommunity with a supervisor account.
- Navigate to Site explorer > Image library .
- Find the image in the library referenced by the email.
- Click the pencil icon on the image.
- Copy out the full image URL in the gray box to the right of the green arrow.
- Return to the email under Email > Messages.
- Double click on the image to open the Image properties.
- Click on the Appearance tab.
- Take note of the dimensions.
- Click on the General tab.
- Paste in the new URL that we copied in Step 5.
- Update the dimensions to match the dimensions in Step 9 (you may need to uncheck the box for Constrain Proportions to update these fields).
- Press Update.